Ms. Mary Beth Kenny
Grade 8 School Counselor (2012-2013)
724-941-2688 Ext. 4245
Ms. Bianca Barnabei
Grade 7 School Counselor (2012-2013)
724-941-2688 Ext. 4246
The middle school counselors follow their students from grade 7 to 8 to ensure continuity and rapport in transition services. For the 2012-2013 school year, Ms. Kenny will be the 8th grade school counselor. Ms. Barnabei will be the 7th grade school counselor.
Please contact your child’s grade appropriate school counselor if:
- You feel your child may be having difficulty with a school or personal issue.
- You have questions/concerns about your child’s academic performance.
- You need assistance finding an outside agency for issues that may arise.
- You have questions about high school and post-secondary planning.
- You have questions about new student orientation and registration.
- You would like a list of available tutors.
School Counseling Secretary
Mrs. Tina Cramer
724-941-2688 ext. 4247
Please contact Mrs. Cramer if:
- You feel your child needs referred for testing
- You need a work permit for your child
- You have a question about extra-curricular activities/PTMS athletics
- You need parent password information for Power School
The Peters Township School District provides school counselors at all levels. The counselors at Peters Township Middle School provide services to address the academic, social, and emotional needs of students and their families. In addition, the counselors strive to assist each student in adjusting to his/her environment and to aid in solving problems.
The school counselors facilitate responsive services for students. These services may include, but are not limited to: short term individual and small group counseling for students; participation in the Student Assistance Program (STAR team) meetings; and collaboration with and referrals to local area child service and/or mental health agencies.
Part of the goal of the school counseling department is to compliment classroom learning. This is accomplished, in part, by attending weekly core team meetings with grade level teachers. Counselors may also attend core team parent conferences and IEP meetings.
The school counselors are available to students in the guidance office every day during school hours. They are also available to parents for scheduled appointments, before, during and after school.
There is also a district wide School Social Worker, who is available for consultation and short term counseling, by referral. The social worker is also a member of the STAR team and attends weekly meetings.
Curriculum and Scheduling
Visit: Core Body of Knowledge
New Student Registration
Click here for information regarding registering your student for the upcoming school year.