Peters Township School District is currently seeking a full time Title One Reading Specialist.
The Title One Reading Specialist will work under the direction of school-based and district administration to provide on-site reading support at McMurray Elementary School. The Reading Specialist will support students in need of supplemental (Tier 2) and intensive support (Tier 3) in the Response to Intervention (RtII) Model. This support will include working closely with students in need of intervention and collaborating with peers on interventions using data, progress monitoring, and student placement. The Specialist will work with the principal and school-based leadership to assure differentiation and reading interventions meet students’ needs.
1) Push in/Pull out students in need of targeted Tier 2 and Tier 3 Inntensive Support.
2) Assist school in developing highly functional RtII Model.
3) Lead or support RtII professional developmment at McMurray Elementary School.
4) Facilitate data meetings utilizing PSSAs, DIBELS and Study Island to coordinate and plan interventions.
5) Collaborate with grade-level and content facilitators.
6) Collaborate with Reading Specialist at Pleasant Valley Elementary School.
7) Lead Title One Initiatives at McMurray Elementary School.
Applicant must have:
1) Reading Specialist Certificate
2) Experience developing and implementing RtII model.
3) Experience with multiple diagnostic and reading interventions
Apply online at PA-Educator.Net. No paper applicatons will be accepted. E.O.E.