This is the intersection
of Valleybrook and East McMurray Roads before
there was any development
in the township.
Photo courtesy of Robert Matthews
In 1902, these gentlemen
founded Peters Township
Ben T. Jones and William Fawcett
J. Harvey McMurray, Hall Caseber and W. J. Johnston
This was the first high school in 1902, a rented house on the H. McMurray farm, about one-fourth mile from the then McMurray Supply Company. The man in the photo is H. S. Kuder, the first High School principal and sole instructor at the school. This is the house where the first two graduates completed their high school education.